banner created using Designer Digitals products

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

{it's war!}

We've officially been invaded by various army men, GI Joes and Muscle-men (or something like that). Big Gerard couldn't wait to get his hands on his old toys when we went back to NY. Nothing like a big box of little plastic men to excite a grown man. The IDEA of retrieving said army men caused a war of it's own -- he had to invade Elizabeth's room to access their bunker. And of course I was Elizabeth's ally in all of this, because, REALLY, do we NEED more toys? Sadly, the enemy was triumphant, and little Gerard was more than happy to introduce Daddy's men to his existing army collection.




I'm sorry to report that there were major casualties in the living room.

2 comments:

Arleen said...

how nice that Big Gerard still had his army toys
don't forget men are just tall boys
they never really change :)
when my son was 30 and married and I had re-done my basement and got rid of a lot of things (but I still have the blocks and the Tupperware ball with the different shapes and the Fonzi doll and some games)his only comment was "you threw out my toybox??!!)
I don't know who will enjoy the old toys more - Little Gerard for getting them or Big Gerard for watching his son play with them
and don't worry about the massacres in the house - they end when it's snack time :)

Amy the Cookie Lady said...

Arleen, you're right. I'm sure I'll end up saving a ton of toys. And the massacres DO end at snack time. :)