banner created using Designer Digitals products

Thursday, August 6, 2009

{the beach, again}

We went back to the beach today, this time with Shauna and her girls. As usual Morgan had the most fun playing in the mud. What is it with her? The big kids spent much of their time building a minnow trap, which amounted to little more than a large hole dug in the sand, filled with water. Eventually it included a large canal system, as they continued to dig, fill, and connect.

Morgan skipped her nap and started to get sleepy at about 2:30. She laid down on our blanket for about 2 1/2 minutes and then must've gotten her second wind, because she was just fine until we left at 4:00. She fell asleep in the car before 4:01 and continued sleeping even while I carried her from her carseat to her crib. She slept through dinner and is still sleeping. Big Gerard and little Gerard are at swim class so I have a few minutes to go through all the pictures and write this post! I hope you enjoy the pictures as much as we enjoyed the lake!



















EDITED TO ADD: Morgan woke up at 6:45. Wonder when she'll go to sleep tonight!

3 comments:

Grandma Andrea said...

I adore all of the pictures. Savannah has gotten so much taller ...I saw her in May and she has grown into a big girl (well almost) Morgan is the mud queen. She is a cutie.

Arleen said...

the pictures are AMAZING!!!
some of them belong on greeting cards - the first ones posted of Morgan sitting on the sand and facing the water are unbelievable (they look like paintings not pictures)

so did Morgan watch David Letterman with you guys?? lol
so much for sleep routine

Amy the Cookie Lady said...

Surprisingly, Morgan went right to sleep around 9:00. NOT surprisingly, she woke up at 6:15 this morning. Serves me right for making her have fun at the beach and skip her nap. I'm such a meanie.