banner created using Designer Digitals products

Monday, August 3, 2009

{fishing}

While we were back in NY we went to Godfrey's Pond with Mima, Granpa G and Aunt Elizabeth. We took the kids two years ago where Gerard got his first official fishing lesson from Granpa G. Last time he had quite a case of beginners luck -- I think he caught 7 fish or something like that. This time he only caught one or two (there was some debate at the end of the day, so let's just say he caught two). Morgan also caught two, although in all honesty she thought she was "fishing" for worms, so each time she brought her hook up she said "I caught a worm!"



















Gerard enjoyed the tetherball as much this time as he did the last time, but this time he got to play with Mima. I think she had a slight height advantage.



After the pond we went to a little local water park and then back to their house for some dinner.






Sadly it was a pretty short visit, but well worth it. The kids had fun and Gerard is still talking about fishing. Maybe next time they'll come to us and we can find a place to fish around here!

1 comment:

Arleen said...

I never knew fishing could be so cute!!!!