My lovely grocery store (please read that with as much sarcasm as humanly possible) just remodeled. It was my hope that this store would make changes that would make my weekly grocery shopping more enjoyable. Unfortunately, no amount of remodeling will improve their customer service or quality of food. It will never live up to my beloved Wegmans.
One of the changes this store made was to move the bottle return OUT of the store. I mean separate entrances and everything. I mean people park by the bottle return, return their bottles, return to their cars and then drive to the main entrance. Convenient my ass. It's not much of a problem right now, but you can bet I won't be returning any bottles in the middle of the winter with 2 kids in tow.
I actually returned bottles today before I did my shopping and I found that you can tell a lot about the people at the bottle return...
The two young, good-looking guys returning nothing but cheap beer? Probably college guys.
The dirty, smelly man with the rats-nest beard and 2 big bags containing a wide assortment of cans and bottles? Maybe homeless, but certainly one to collect bottles off the street.
The thin, sharply dressed woman returning only Diet Coke cans? Probably a professional, clearly concerned with her appearance.
The man in the suit returning a very small number of soda bottles, all completely emptied and rinsed out? Anal.
And me? I returned 153 bottles of mostly Diet Mountain Dew with a few Diet Cokes and 2 bottles of beer. I can't imagine what they thought about me!
Sunday, August 16, 2009
{a character study}
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








4 comments:
this was too cute - great descriptions Amy!!
and what did they think about you??? - where on earth did she get 153 bottles??!! and how many bathroom stops does it take to collect 153 bottles??!! and she must be a busy, busy Mom who needs the Mountain Dew to stay awake lol
P.S-didn't mean to sound like you stopped at bathrooms to collect the bottles - what I meant was your bladder needed to stop after drinking all that liquid :)
Hate to tell you this, Amy...but your Wegmans did the same thing with the bottle returns!
Say it ain't so.... WEGMANS?!?
Arleen -- Mt. Dew is Gerard's addiction. He drinks it all day long. I FORCE him to drink a glass of water with dinner before he can have any more soda. He's like a child who doesn't want to drink his milk!
Post a Comment