banner created using Designer Digitals products

Friday, August 28, 2009

{the amazing technicolor....}

....DRYER? Yup, I washed and dried what appears to have been red, blue and black crayons. I never found the crayons and I'm not sure how they ended up in the laundry, but the evidence -- a brightly tie-dyed dryer -- doesn't lie. I figured I'd be able to get the dryer clean, but I had little hope for the two loads of laundry that I dried before I realized what had happened.




Much to my utter shock and amazement, I was able to get the dryer sparkling clean and save all but one t-shirt thanks to a google search and a website called Thrifty Fun. Who would've thought that WD-40 plus laundry detergent plus Shout plus dish soap plus vinegar plus OxyClean would be the magic recipe?!



For those of you who may find yourselves in my position some time in the future, I thought I'd share the fabulous solutions:

HOW TO GET CRAYON OUT OF A DRYER
HOW TO GET CRAYON OUT OF CLOTHES

3 comments:

Grandma Andrea said...

You are sooooo lucky.

Arleen said...

isn't being a Mom fun??!!
a new adventure everyday
your dryer looks fabulous - I may just melt some crayons in my dryer and then use your solution to clean it out and have it sparkle like yours :)
question-how come you didn't make something crafty out of the melted crayon wax lololol
have a great weekend

Amy the Cookie Lady said...

Arleen, I think my dryer is cleaner it has EVER been. And as long as we don't have a repeat crayon-melting-performance, I'm sure it'll never be so sparkling clean again! Oh, and VERY FUNNY about making something out of the melted crayon wax! I'm not THAT talented!