Quick question (I already posted this on Facebook, but I thought I'd ask it here for those of you who aren't on FB)....
Should a kid's bed have a boxspring? We're shopping for "big girl" furniture for Morgan and a lot of the beds I come across don't accomodate a boxspring -- they basically have some sort of board for support under the mattress. Should that be a deal-breaker?
Monday, August 3, 2009
{bed question}
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








3 comments:
since all the beds I ever bought (even when my sons were small) had a boxspring
I can't speak from personal experience but if you bought a bed without a boxspring could you at a later date add one if you wanted to??
is the "big girl" bed going to be one that Morgan can use even as she gets older and bigger? because right now she is a lightweight and a boxspring won't make that much difference (especially if you get a nice fluffy mattress)
so my advice (I know, I know, I'm a Mom - you don't have to take it just read it :)) would be to decide if you'll need to replace the bed at some point and then just buy what's good for now - otherwise look to the future
good luck
p.s.-oh - welcome home!!!
Ditto
I haven't had a box spring in about 3 years now and have found no difference what so ever except less to have to move at a later date :0)
Post a Comment