banner created using Designer Digitals products

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

{pop quiz}

Gerard is loving camp. I don't think I mentioned it in previous posts, but he's going to camp at the [insert city name here] Nature Center. This week's theme is BUGS. They do crafts, take hikes, and learn about bugs (obviously). Yesterday they went to the butterfly house. On Monday they saw bumble bees in their hives (behind glass) making honey. Today they learned about ants. It's really cute and very well run. And I love the way he smells when I pick him up -- a sweet perfume of bug spray, sunscreen and sweat. Makes me think of my old camp days!

This morning, however, I was unprepared for the pop quiz that Gerard gave me while we were driving to camp. Almost as soon as he was buckled in, the onslaught began...

Is that the garbage truck or the recycling truck?



Do we recycle?



What is recycling?



How does the plastic bag become something else?



Really? Daddy's mill recycles paper?



What is pulp?


Eewwww. Isn't pulp in orange juice? I like apple juice.


Are we almost there yet?


Why is it so foggy?


What is fog?


The sun burns it off?

Does it hurt?

Where does it go?

How can you see in the fog?

Why is it foggy here but not there?

How are clouds made?
Are we there yet?
What does that sign say?
Are we here?
Can I unbuckle?
I see my counselors, can I go now?
Bye, Mom!
Whew.




My turn:

Morgan, stay awake. Do you see the trees?


Morgan, stay awake! Where's your nose?


Morgan, stay awake!! Do you like this song?


Don't fall asleep. Can you clap your hands?


Don't fall asleep! Can you see me in the mirror?


Don't fall asleep!! Morgan! Morgan? Morgan?


Damn.


* * * * * * *


Holy crap!! Could you hear that thunder where you are? Not surprisingly we're apparently having another storm, so I better shut down the computer. Crazy weather!!!!

2 comments:

Debbie said...

You are too funny! I love the pulp & apple juice comment and the sun-burning-fog comments the best. I can just hear him asking all those questions!

I can show him some camel crickets if you guys come visit me here!

Robyn said...

Funny stuff. I guess that means I should enjoy this stage of chatting...spencer's questions all sound the same. "Blah blah blah blah dah dah dah dah".