banner created using Designer Digitals products

Saturday, August 2, 2008

{fun}

We decided to leave the house today since the roofer was going to be working (he's not quite done, in case you were wondering) and go to an amusement park/waterpark that is about 1 1/2 hours away. We all had a really nice day. The kids fell asleep as soon as their heads hit their pillows (I was surprised they lasted the drive home) and big Gerard fell asleep soon after.

Little Gerard is not much of a daredevil when it comes to rides. The word wimpy comes to mind. I love him, but come on! Even the teacups are a bit too much. Surprisingly, we did manage to find quite a few rides that were up his alley. You know the type -- the ones that start off really slow and build up to slow? Yeah, those.

The waterpark is a different story altogether. He loves the wave pool and the slides and all the little pools with their squirty things and fountains. Morgan loved the pools too, and was especially fond of the big bucket that filled slowly and then dumped on our heads. She couldn't get enough of that one. Well, until she had had enough of everything and finally fell asleep in the stoller.

I didn't bring my camera, so we did buy that cheesy picture they take of you when you walk into the park:




I'm worn out myself right about now, so I better hit the hay. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

2 comments:

Debbie said...

You're too funny! Glad you had fun at the amusement park/water park. Give Gerard a few more years... if he's got either of your genes, I'm sure he'll love the roller coasters before long (unless he takes more after Aunt Debbie than we thought!). As much as I miss seeing more pictures, I'm happy you didn't take your camera so you would enjoy the fun too!

Anonymous said...

you just wait - the daredevil in Gerard will appear - and you will always remember with a smile when he was ride-shy
take it from one who knows :)