Gerard absolutely loved camp last week at the Nature Center. So much, in fact, that we decided to send him for another week. Next week is all about birds: they get to see nests and watch bird banders at work. I thought that was particularly cool considering I banded birds in college. (Sorry Arleen -- hope you're not too grossed out!)
On Friday I went to talk to the camp director to sign Gerard up for bird week. She was very happy and told me that everyone loved Gerard and that he is very precocious.
I smiled, said thanks, and left to pick up Gerard. Now clearly I didn't get the brilliant genes in the family because I had to call Debbie to find out what precocious meant. (Please don't think less of me.) I was assuming it meant something positive, otherwise the director wouldn't have been smiling when she said it to me. Right?
So for those of you who are like me and are lacking the dictionary gene, here's the definition:
pre·co·cious [pri-koh-shuhs] adjective
unusually advanced or mature in development, esp. mental development: a precocious child.
I think I would have to agree...
And some other random stuff...
Gerard is addicted to Sonic the Hedgehog comic books. He can't get enough of them. Even Morgan wants to see what all the fuss is about.



And just some cute shots of the kids:










3 comments:
Yeah, you called about precocious, but I didn't give you a definition!! Cute kids :) Morgan looks so sweet on the couch. Her hair is getting long! I love the one with the Gerards and Morgan reading... with Morgan's foot up in Gerard's face. And he didn't even mind! (Cute Photoshop shirt too! Where'd you find it?)
My grandkids are adorable. I love the way Morgan is as interested in the comic as Big and Little! I love the foot, too. We are so lucky!
the pictures of the kids are truly amazing
loved the black and white of Morgan
you are right Grandma A - you are truly blessed
I'm sure Gerard will love "bird camp" (did you see my face when I read that sentence??)
you don't need that tee shirt Amy - you don't have any "uglies" to photograph
Post a Comment