banner created using Designer Digitals products

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

{fallen arches?}

Sad news out of Arches National Park in Moab, Utah -- the Wall Arch collapsed sometime last week. Here's a picture I took of Wall Arch when Aldine, Robyn and I drove cross-country after college THIRTEEN YEARS AGO. (Man, I feel old!) Aldine, I guess we should have enjoyed the hike more and spent less time driving for fudge!


And here is a before and after shot, from an MSNBC article:

A


Here are some others from our trip to Arches:





Robyn, thanks for making us go there, even though it wasn't on our original itinerary and we left you to hike by yourself! And Aldine, thanks to you I have a picture of me in front of the arches, you in front of the arches, Robyn in front of the arches, all of us in front of the arches, and JUST THE ARCHES. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

your pictures of the Arches
are beautiful
I read about the collapse and it was very sad
natural wonders are so amazing and it's too bad when they are damaged

Anonymous said...

Bullethead here: Thirteen years... I'm wearing underwear that old. Still, thirty years since my last seeing the arches... awful hard to see them go. Kitchen looks great. Kids... hell, none better. Stay calm with tradesmen, they own you only for a little while. Love to all. DAD