banner created using Designer Digitals products

Thursday, July 2, 2009

{revised recipe}

Updated popsicle recipe:

Cut up any kind of fruit. Throw it in the blender ignoring the kids’ screaming that SHE GOT STRAWBERRIES LAST TIME! I WANT BANANAS! NO I WANT MANGOES!

Add two heaping tablespoons of plain, low-fat yogurt. Scoop yogurt and throw into blender while screaming IF YOU TWO DON’T CUT IT OUT YOU’LL BE HAVING CHICKEN POPSICLES!

Add milk. Do not let your 5 1/2-year-old attempt to pour from a new, heavy gallon container of milk. Not enough milk will land in the blender.

Blend while you’re mopping up the spilled milk.

Taste. Add honey if necessary. Wonder if your kids will get sweeter if you pour honey directly into their mouths.

Blend again so the kids won’t hear you cursing under your breath.

Pour mixture into strainer. Press mixture through strainer with the back of a spoon. Press hard, to take out any aggression you may have.

Pour mixture into 3 of the 4 popsicle molds. Add rum to the remaining mixture and drink.

Place popsicles into freezer. Remind kids AGAIN that NO, THE POPSICLES AREN’T READY 2 MINUTES AFTER THEY GO IN THE FREEZER. NO THEY ARE NOT READY 3 MINUTES LATER EITHER.

Take a nap.


AS AN ASIDE, AND ON A GOOD NOTE: I ran another mile today! Yay me!

1 comment:

Grandma Andrea said...

Amy, you are much funnier in your writing than you are in person. Save some popsicles for dad and me. See you Sunday. I am glad that you ran a mile.