banner created using Designer Digitals products

Friday, July 3, 2009

{bed hopping}

I've always been proud of the fact that both my kids do very well at bedtime. Besides the occasional argument about getting pajamas on or brushing teeth or why we should read THAT BOOK for the EIGHT HUNDREDTH TIME in 3 days, both Gerard and Morgan look forward to bedtime. It's our time to read together, cuddle, and talk about the day. And usually they both fall asleep immediately after we leave their rooms.

There are nights, however, when things don't go quite as planned. Last night was one of those times. I think Gerard was just overly excited that Aunt Debbie was here and he was probably a little full from dinner (we went to Red Lobster) but he just couldn't fall asleep. He came downstairs several times with a variety of excuses. He was hot. He was cold. He couldn't get comfortable. He was hungry (yeah? I don't think so). His stuffed duck broke (how does a stuffed animal break?) It bothered him to close his eyes. That was a new one.

After his parade up and down had finally stopped and it was quiet upstairs, I went to check on him. Much to my utter horror, this is what I found:


I nearly had a heart attack when he wasn't in his bed! I looked around and found him sleeping peacefully in my bed.




He certainly made himself comfortable. He brought in his own pillow and blankie but strangely enough he still used one of ours to sleep on.

Our motto has always been KIDS SLEEP IN THEIR OWN BEDS. Once you start letting them sleep in your bed they have trouble sleeping in their own. So while it might not seem so weird to some that he was in my bed, it was a total shock to me.

Luckily Morgan went right to sleep, as usual, and slept like an angel (until 6:30am, that is). Can you find her in there with all her stuffed animals?

1 comment:

Grandma Andrea said...

Dad said, "First Gerard peed near the dryer in his sleep now this!" What did Gerard say about it this morning?