It's official. I have become THAT MOM. You know the one. The one who screams "GERARRRRRRD! CUT THAT OUT!" from 100 yards away. The one who says "Sure. Go ahead and eat that. It was only on the ground for 10 seconds." The one who allows her 2 year old to run naked in public. Yes. THAT MOM.
Luckily today I was not alone. I was in THAT MOM Mecca. The Beach. When one of THE MOMS yelled "STOP THROWING SAND AT YOUR SISTER" all the kids stoppped and looked. Whose mom said that? Did MY mom see me? And the good news is that ALL the kids who were throwing sand at their sisters stopped.
We had a lot of fun today. We were at the beach for about 4 1/2 hours and I think Gerard left the lake twice: to eat and to pee. Apparently he should have left three times though -- he told us tonight that he peed in the lake once. I'm proud it was only once. I am THAT MOM, remember.
Morgan had a ball, too. She was covered in sand and mud from head to toe and EVERYWHERE in between so I did what any good THAT MOM would do when it was time to leave -- I stripped her down, rinsed her out in the lake, and carried her to the car. 

Both kids fell asleep in the car immediately.
Goodnight! THIS MOM is tired!








3 comments:
just know that you are a wonderful "that Mom" and I'm sure all of you will sleep well tonight
Morgan is sooooooo cute!!
They are too cute. Way too cute! I can't figure out what that thing is in the car between the two of them. Morgan looks sooooooo dirty! It's hysterical. Oh, and think of all the good you did by being THAT mom... you stopped a ton of big brothers from bothering their little sisters... even if just for a second. From all us little sisters out there, thanks :)
Deb, I was wondering if anyone would notice that "thing" between the seats.... I decided to bring our Radio Flyer wagon so I would't have to make 87 trips from the car to the beach with all the crap I had. If anyone had been watching me try to stuff that thing into my trunk they would have had me committed. I finally figured out how to fit it into the front seat, with the handle between Morgan and Gerard. It was totally worth the effort!
Post a Comment