banner created using Designer Digitals products

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

{pretty things}

Morgan and I both got pretty little things. I bought these pretty earrings at a local craft show this weekend. The picture doesn't do them justice. Trust me, they make my ears look faaaabulous.



Morgan loves Minnie Mouse. She was tickled pink (or in this case purple) when she saw the pretty dress that Grandma Andrea made her. Doesn't she look cute?



Poor Gerard. All he got was a 103 degree fever. Motrin made him feel better. That, along with doing nothing but watch TV all day. He took a break from TV to play in his room and surprisingly he took out his old Thomas the Tank Engine stuff. He hasn't played with that stuff in AGES. In fact, I was thinking of selling it all on Craigslist. We've invested a small fortune in Thomas. We probably could've funded his college education if it weren't for his Thomas obsession. Know anyone who likes Thomas and doesn't mind withdrawing from their 401K? We've got everything a little boy could dream of! Anyway, he and Morgan actually played very nicely together today.




His fever was down to 99 by the time he went to bed, so I'm hoping this was a short-lived illness. We're supposed to go to the park tomorrow!

Oh, and speaking of pretty things, Morgan's pretty bathing suit appears to be a lost cause after yesterday's trip to the beach. Anyone have any good tips for removing mud stains from clothing?

7 comments:

Grandma Andrea said...

Love to see a picture of you wearing the earrings

Robyn said...

Love the purple dress. Name your price for Thomas...we could be in.

Debbie said...

Grandma, awesome dress! Morgan looks so cute. And it's purple, my favorite color. Amy -- great earrings, I love them! And I can't believe that Gerard pulled out his trains. He must've really been feeling sick. Is he any better?

Debbie said...

PS: How long do his rock star tattoos stay on???

Amy the Cookie Lady said...

Robyn, little Gerard says Thomas is off the market. I'll let you know when he forgets about them again. :)

Arleen said...

hope little Gerard is feeling better
Grandma Andrea - I am much impressed with your handywork!! Morgan looks sooooooooo cute in her dress
Amy- a word of experienced advice: hold on to the Thomas "stuff" for as long as you can - memories are made of this kind of toys
my son was 27 when we had our basement and garage "swept clean" and while I kept some of their junk (as I called it) when he saw the new and improved basement his only comment was "you threw out my toybox??" (sure this loony Mom only kept the blocks and the Fonzi doll and the Lincoln Logs and the Tupperware ball with all the shapes and colors!)
so choose your trash carefully

Amy the Cookie Lady said...

Arleen...advice taken! I'll *maybe* reconsider getting rid of Thomas. There are some things I'll definitely keep, but we just have sooooo much Thomas stuff I think I'd have to rent a storage space to keep it all!