banner created using Designer Digitals products

Sunday, July 13, 2008

{an update}

So here's what's been going on with the house.... Our bedroom has been totally gutted. They took out the ceiling, a few patches of wall, and the carpet. We had a few contractors in to give us estimates, and we've picked one contractor we liked who will now submit everything to our insurance company. He figures it will take about 2 weeks to get everything completed once the work actually starts. So, in the meantime, I'm sleeping on the futon in the basement and Gerard is sleeping on the couch in the living room.






The rest of the house didn't sustain any permanent damage except for the ceiling in the living room and some of the walls in the hall and stairs that will get repainted.


Other than that, it's been more of the same around here. Both Gerards got haircuts yesterday...




And yesterday was Big Gerard's birthday. Funny, I thought he turned 29 last year...







4 comments:

Anonymous said...

First I have to admit I scrolled down to see if there were any pictures of Morgan working on the birthday cake - and once again I was not disappointed
Wish Gerard a happy birthday for me - I celebrate mine on Tuesday and not only would I take 29 again I would settle for 49!!! :)
(p.s.-the cake had my favorite candles on it - I buy those too and the cake looked yummy-bet the kids helped)
good luck with the house repairs - sounds like you are taking it pretty well considering all that has to be done - patience and knowing that you are all safe will make the process easier

Anonymous said...

Nice crown, Gerard:-)
Happy Birthday!

Debbie said...

Very very cute. I bet the kids had fun coloring the crown for daddy! And the cake looked delicious. Yum yum. The kids look great too -- the house, not so much! But 2 weeks isn't too terrible, I guess. Better 2 weeks than 2 months! I like Gerard's haircut.... how long before Morgan gets one? Years??

Debbie said...

PS: It's nice that you use the red "I am special" plate!