banner created using Designer Digitals products

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Bedtime! Halleluiah!

Phew. What a day. It must've been something in the water. Or maybe it's the snow and cold and being cooped up. Regardless, EVERYONE was nutso today. I worked preschool today, and all the kids were strangely wound up. Yes, including our angel, Gerard. And he was still wound up after school.

In what way was he wound up, you ask? Let's see...
  • He pooped (in the potty, as usual these days) and then threw a marker in there. He thought it was very funny when Mommy had to fish the marker out.

  • He got unusually hysterical when I told him he couldn't have another snack (because he already had one at preschool). What a terrible mother I am.

  • He wouldn't put his mittens on correctly. He insisted that his thumb would get lonely in "that part" all by itself.

  • He kept taking my cooking utensils off the counter and using them as drumsticks. Not usually a problem, except that I was actually cooking with them at the moment. Nothing like druming with spoons covered in red curry sauce.

I'm sure there are more, I'm just too tired to think about them!

I think he was just as excited for the day to end as Gerard and I were. Here are some happy bedtime pictures:




He was pretty tired. I think he fell asleep a minute after I left his room. Let's hope he gets a good night sleep and tomorrow is better!

Oh, and to answer some questions about the blog:


  1. NO, I have not deleted older posts/pictures/videos. The first page of the blog will only show the most current posts. To access the older ones, either click on "OLDER POSTS" at the very bottom of this page, or click on the specific post titles on the sidebar on the right under "Blog Archives".

  2. YES, you can leave comments. There is a spot at the end of each post where you can click on "COMMENTS". YES, everyone will be able to see your comments.

  3. YES, you can see larger versions of the pictures. All you have to do is click on the picture.

Hope that answers everything. I also hope everyone had a more peaceful day than I did! Goodnight!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amy, I can remember a time many years ago when you and Debbie were driving me crazy. I called Dad and told him and he said he would come home (he was a resident at the time). Four hours later, he came home but by that time the crazies had passed. Love, Ma