banner created using Designer Digitals products

Sunday, September 27, 2009

{sound bytes}

We took the kids to their first Hibachi restaurant where the chefs cook in front of you and you sit with other people. Overall they loved the "show" and the food, although Morgan was a bit freaked out by the big flames at the beginning. At one point Gerard yelled "What the shell!?" Of course, the two other couples sitting with us heard only "What the hell!?" While trying to conceal my complete embarrassment, I had to explain that it was a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle saying and then I had to explain to Gerard that it was NOT appropriate for a soon-to-be-6-year-old to utter. (He also told everyone at the table that "These shrimp are better than the ones Mommy makes!")

* * * * * * * * *

Gerard was in the basement playing the Wii. I went to check on him and asked if he was OK down there, to which he replied "I am thoroughly entertained." "Thoroughly entertained?" I said. "Yes. Thoroughly entertained."

* * * * * * * * *

After picking a scab, Morgan said, "My boo-boo is leaking!"

* * * * * * * * *

Morgan can't say her "f's". While watching a fly buzz around the kitchen, she kept calling it a "sly". I asked her if it was a FLY or a SLY. She thought for a moment and answered "Um....a BUG."

3 comments:

Arleen said...

Out of the mouths of babes
they never cease to amaze and embarass :)

Debbie said...

I was there for the fly vs sly = bug comment from Morgan. It was absolutely hysterical and precious. And Gerard-isms are always awesome. He had another one recently that ma told me about but now I can't remember... Any idea?

Debbie said...

I remember! It was something about his spiderman socks... Something about you not being able to wash them quick enough for him to wear everyday??