banner created using Designer Digitals products

Saturday, September 26, 2009

{hello, cupcake!}

THANK YOU for all the compliments on the cupcakes I made for Gerard's birthday party. YES, I made them, and NO they were not difficult. In fact, they were MUCH easier than the Lightning McQueen cake I made 2 years ago and the Sonic the Hedgehog cake for last year. But I also cannot take the creative credit here -- I got the idea out of this FABULOUS book, Hello, Cupcake.

First I tinted the frosting with yellow food coloring and unsweetened cocoa powder and lightly frosted each cupcake (I used store-bought frosting).



Then I used a piping bag to make the frosting look like spaghetti, although you could also use a ziploc bag with a corner snipped off.



The meatballs are Ferrero Rocher chocolates, the sauce is low sugar strawberry preserves (the low sugar kind has the best color, according to the cookbook), and the grated parmesan cheese on top is grated white chocolate. Easy peasy!




3 comments:

Grandma Andrea said...

WOW Pictures of mommy!!!

Grandma Andrea said...

Amy, you are ready for the cooking channel. I loved that Gerard was helping too. I am really so very proud of everything you do.

Arleen said...

when does your show come on the air :)
what nice pictures and the cupcakes look wonderful