banner created using Designer Digitals products

Monday, May 16, 2011

{woo hoo!}

I officially have my first 2 paid cookie jobs! Of course they are BOTH for this week, so I'm going to be busy baking 5 1/2 dozen cookies before Friday! I'm doing 18 pink and brown peace signs for Caroline who is turning 7 and 4 dozen superhero cookies for a little boy who is turning 5. For the superheroes, I'm doing a dozen each of Spiderman faces, Batman symbols, Superman symbols with a "5" instead of an "S", and comic book word bubbles with words like "BAM!" and "POW!"

The peace signs should be fairly straight-forward. I'm charging $1.50 per cookie. The superhero cookies are causing me to lose sleep, so I'm charging $1.75 per cookie. I really should have charged $2 because of the detail work, but oh well. :)

I'll post pictures when they are done! Wish me luck!

7 comments:

Grandma Andrea said...

Way to go Amy !!!

nadine said...

Woohoo! Nice job. I can't tell you how many times I've lost sleep over work and thought the same thing "I should have charged more"...all part of learning and being in biz. Have you seen what they charge for custom cupcakes and cakes these days? You can def charge more for your beautiful works of art.

Arleen said...

Yayyyyyyyyyyy - she's open for business
good luck and I know someday I will be able to say "I knew her when" lolol
call me when you sign a TV deal

can't wait to see the cookies!!!
you go girl!!!

Syd said...

Amy, your work is fabulous!!!! I wish I had thought of it sooner.... TeaLeafs 2nd year anniversary is next week and I would have loved to have given my customers Teacup cookies from you.Definitely have to plan on next year. Keep up the great work. Your family is beautiful.

Amy the Cookie Lady said...

Thanks, guys! Syd, keep me in mind for your 3rd anniversary!!

Debbie said...

Did Morgan really grow up that much in one year? She looks so cute with her friends! OK, now to go back and look at the cookies...

Debbie said...

Amy, a few things: 1) You are totally nutty. The peace signs look perfect! I don't know why you weren't thrilled with them! 2) The superhero cookies look awesome. I agree with Nadine, you could (and should) charge more for them! They're all beautiful. You should make ties and tools for father's day and sell them on Etsy.