banner created using Designer Digitals products

Thursday, May 26, 2011

{field trips}

Both kids had school field trips on Tuesday. Gerard's class went to a historic village not far from here where they got to learn all about 19th century living. They did chores and daily activities, including making bread and churning their own butter. The teachers all dressed up and encouraged the kids to dress up, too. Of course Gerard refused to wear the black pants that we had picked out, so instead he wore the very authentic plaid shorts. Regardless, I think he looked adorable, and so did his friend, Ashley....






Morgan's preschool class went to the Nature Center. The last time she was there was when Gerard's preschool class went and she was one month old. I can't believe how fast time flies!




















While we were on the hayride at the Nature Center, I got a call from Nadine. Turns out she had appendicitis! Please join me in wishing her a speedy recovery from her emergency appendectomy. She is in good hands and is doing very well. Keep me posted on your progress, sista!

Today was Morgan's last day of school. We were supposed to have a farewell picnic, but Mother Nature didn't cooperate so we had it inside instead. The kids still had fun. I'll post pictures of that when I have a chance. In the meantime, here are some.....wait for it.....COOKIES!....I made for the occasion.



4 comments:

Grandma Andrea said...

So much to comment on. Gerard is sooooooooooooo handsome. Braids!!!! OMG!!!! Whose hand is she holding? Is she two timing Gavin? As usual the cookies are great.

Amy the Cookie Lady said...

yeah, she's moved on from gavin. that's her new beau, ben. the 2 brunettes in the class have got to stick together. :)

Debbie said...

So for the second time I tried posting and it didn't "take." I'm not writing another long comment. I'll just say awesome, awesome, awesome, handsome, and pretty!

Arleen said...

Great pictures, great kids, great cookies and great Mommy!!
Gerard and Morgan look wonderful :)