In honor of MLK Day, Gerard's homework was to write and draw about his own dream. When I first asked him, he said, "My dream is for Mallory to let me sit with Maddie on the bus." After he understood that this wasn't really a dream for our world, he decided that his dream "...is that everybody would like everybody else." Wouldn't that be nice?
Here he is working on his assignment. And Morgan is doing her "homework" too....

Gerard said he got his inspiration from Grandma's January wallhanging:








2 comments:
OMG!!! I have tears in my eyes. That means so much to me. I am so proud of my grandson. What more could anyone ask for? Dad will kill me if the computer gets wet from my tears.
I am so glad I made those monthly wall hangings for you. The results are a teacher's dream. (and a quilter's dream too)
good for Gerard!!! he is an inspiration already!!!
wouldn't it be wonderful if his "dream" came true
and tell him to keep asking if he can sit next to the girl of his choice
once in a while - and remind him that girls can sure be rotten (and it only gets worse hahaha)
tell Morgan that I am much impressed with her homework assignment - it sure looks like an A+ job
have a great day and enjoy the rest of the week and the weekend (more hockey???) (more pictures??) :)
Post a Comment