banner created using Designer Digitals products

Thursday, January 14, 2010

{finally, some pictures!}

In the interest of time, I figured I ought to post some pictures even though I don't have a ton of time to write. I know certain people are getting anxious and antsy waiting for me to post (you KNOW who you are!)

Here are a few recent hockey pictures. Gerard loves being goalie, but I'm not sure he'll still like it once he has to wear all the pads. They just started wearing goalie pads last week -- they rotate which kid on the team gets to be goalie. I'll let you know how it goes when it's Gerard's turn.




A few more Hanukkah pictures, including Morgan trying out her new roller skates:






Morgan, our little Steelers fan. Too bad she won't get more use out of her cheerleaders uniform this season.






Some more pictures from our trip to Arizona. Grandpa and both Gerards went to a Phoenix Coyotes game one night:











Gerard has a bad habit of leaving things places. Sunglasses. Matchbox cars. Transformers. You name it, he's lost it. His things magically fall out of the car. He leaves them in restaurants. He leaves them in his pockets and they disappear in the wash. He's got that magic touch. The last thing he "lost" was his favorite Bakugan somewhere in Arizona. Talk about a needle in a haystack. Luckily, Grandma and Grandpa searched for it after we left and somehow, unbelievably, they found it. Here is Gerard opening Grandma's package with his long-lost Bakugan:




Morgan has become a real Care Bears fan, and she loved watching some Care Bears movies at Grandma and Grandpa's house. After we left they sent her 2 Care Bears movies of her own. She is on cloud 9!







Here is Gerard doing a homework assignment for school. He had to make something to feed the winter animals, so we made the usual peanut butter and birdseed on a pinecone:




And last but not least, today was our first day out on our backyard rink this year. To say that Morgan DID NOT ENJOY HER NEW SKATES would be an understatement. She walked around in them on the living room carpet and then down the felt-lined path from the house to the rink, but as soon as her skates hit the ice she screamed. Even with me holding her she screamed. Screeeeeeamed. At one point we saw Maddie, Abby and Savannah look out their window to see what the commotion was. It didn't help that I couldn't find her pink helmet and I made her wear one of Gerard's old helmets. Eventually she was content to sit on a bucket and watch the boys play, and then she was even happier when I took her skates off, put on her boots, and let her play in the snow. I'll let you know how she does next time (if there IS a next time)!



4 comments:

Grandma Andrea said...

Maybe Morgan should live in Arizona where there are no backyard ice skating rinks. I love the cheerleader look. We really miss you guys. Come again, real soon.
You know Gerard wants to be Ryan Miller (or Derek Jeter).

Arleen said...

definitely worth the wait
my favorite picture??? Morgan in her princess dress worn over the Steelers cheerleading outfit - I'm still smiling 5 minutes later
the pictures are wonderful
everyone looks so cute and so handsome in all of them
my money is on Morgan - never again on skates :)
but she sure looks cute on that bucket
thanks - ya done good Mommy!!

ARLEEN said...

P.S. - your description of little Gerard - I can explain his knack for losing and misplacing things in one word - B-O-Y

Debbie said...

Where to begin? Thanks for posting! Do you remember the picture you put in my birthday scrapbook of me sitting on a fence in the everglades and you said you thought it was a really thoughtful-looking picture of me and I said it was probably just me pouting? I have a feeling that in 15 years, you're going to think that same thing about Morgan sitting on the bucket!

Gerard looked so excited to get his Bakugan :) He's such a sweetheart! And a very cool dude in the Arizona pictures (and a goofball in some too!). I had to wonder if the kids were racing/fighting up the steps at the playground or if they were having fun?!?!

Morgan does look adorable in her cheerleading outfit with the ponytail. The first picture from the side is priceless.

Hope to see you soon! Miss you all. Big hugs to everyone!