banner created using Designer Digitals products

Monday, August 20, 2007

{been too long}

Wow! I haven't posted in a week and a half! I'm sorry.

Things have been busy, as usual. Let me try to do a quick recap:

1. We were concerned that Morgan wasn't hearing very well. We took her to the pediatrician who suggested we go to an audiologist to have a BAER test (Brainstem Auditory Evoked Response) or ABR test (Auditory Brainstem Response). They had to attach little electrodes to her forehead and ears and then piped sounds into her ears through little headphones. She was an angel during the test and slept right through it. And thankfully, she passed with flying colors! Like her pediatrician said, "With a brother like Gerard, she's probably learned to tune things out already!"

2. I'm taking a Wilton cake decorating class at Michaels. I've always wanted to take one, and I figured now was the perfect time because Gerard wants a Lightning McQueen (from Cars) cake for his birthday. I still need a LOT of practice! Here's my first attempt at a cake:

3. My parents came for the weekend. They babysat so Gerard and I could go out on Saturday night. It was wonderful! We went to a tapas bar/restaurant and ate way too much. We had a nice night, and so did little Gerard. I think my parents needed a vacation from their vacation -- Gerard really runs them ragged.





4. I went to a Silpada party the other night and got a cool ring and earrings. I can't wait for them to come in. (I was going to link you to a picture, but you can't view the catalogue online apparently. You'll just have to take my word that they're cool!)

5. Morgan's eating schedule is just about driving us crazy. The week or two after I stopped nursing (about 3 weeks ago) she was eating like a champ. I mean 30-35 ounces of formula a day. MORE than she needs. So, we decided we'd start her on cereal. Before we even had a chance to do that, she suddenly went from 30 ounces a day to 15-20 ounces a day. WTF!? We'd almost have to force her to drink 3 1/2 ounces at a time. Well, yesterday and today seem to be better. Today she has polished off both of her 5 ounce bottles and probably could have had more. If she keeps this up for another day or so we'll up her bottles to 5 1/2 or 6 ounces. Maybe this will help her sleep through the night!

6. I did a scrapbook page about our trip to Comerica Park:

7. Gerard must have just finished a growth spurt. Darci mentioned to me that his legs looked longer all of a sudden, and then my parents said the same thing. I didn't really believe it until we tried on some of his pants from last year -- they're too short!!! AND, he's riding his bike like a champ. He used to have a little trouble reaching the pedals, but not anymore!! When I'm pushing Morgan in the stroller I can barely keep up with him on his bike. It's so cute.

Well, I think that about sums it up. I'll try to post again soon, with more pictures. That is if I'm not outside busy building an arc -- it's supposed to rain for 6 MORE days. ARGH!!!

No comments: