banner created using Designer Digitals products

Monday, June 6, 2011

{soccer and stuff}

Gerard has played baseball and hockey for years. He has played tennis for the last 3 summers and has expressed an interest in lacrosse and golf. He clearly chooses his sports based on the size of the stick he can carry. This year, however, he asked us if he could play soccer instead of spring hockey. Turns out he is really good at it and is really enjoying it. Here are a few shots from last weekend's game....








In other news, Gerard had to invent something for ExCel (his gifted and talented class). He had some grand ideas, but in the end it had to be something he could actually make HIMSELF. He had to plan the design, determine his target consumers, build it, develop a logo, a print ad and a radio/tv ad.

So..... I am proud to introduce you to Gerard's Glowing Gardening Tools. For the gardener who doesn't have time to garden during the day. Garden at night!


And last but not least, Nadine asked me to make some thank-you flower cookies for the nurses who cared for her after her appendectomy. It was my first real order that I shipped and I hope they get there in one piece!





4 comments:

nadine said...

Gardening at night - what a brilliant idea! I could use those tools since I haven't had a minute to get to our garden during the day. Nice job Gerard! Cookies look great, thank you!!!

Grandma Andrea said...

Gerard's legs look so long. He looks like he is skating.

Hope those cookies shipped well because my order is coming up in 2 weeks.

Amy, Dad and I really enjoy the blog. Thank you for taking the time to do it. It helps us to not miss the kids so much. See you soon.

Debbie said...

Wow, all around. I agree with ma and Nadine (Hi!) Gerard does look like quite the sportsman out there, and the cookies are beautiful. Writing "thank you" so perfectly on each of them is super impressive! Are you going to post a recording of the radio commercial for Gerard's Glowing Gardening Tools? :)

Arleen said...

Okay - where's the video??? lololol
the cookies get better and better (if that's possible) with each new batch - amazing!!!!!!

and I agree with Grandma Andrea - the blog is fabulous!!
thanks Amy