banner created using Designer Digitals products

Friday, March 25, 2011

{go fish!}

Gerard's 2nd grade music program was a musical called "Go Fish". All the kids were assigned a particular fish, and their costumes could be true to the type of fish, or they could do something funny. There were dogfish that had puppy ears and tails and fins, seahorses dressed up as cowboys/girls riding horses, and of course clownfish....




The wig and clown nose didn't make it to the show.



In this show, the clownfish were the "jokers of the sea" and they had solo speaking parts:

Zo (Chloe): Hey Bo.
Bo (Gerard): Yeah, Zo?
Zo (Chloe): What sits at the bottom of the sea and shakes?
Bo (Gerard): I don't know. What sits at the bottom of the sea and shakes?
Zo (Chloe): A nervous wreck!
HA HA HA HA HA...







Then the clownfish sang and danced (along with the chorus), but they were up in front.





His other speaking part, when the electric eel came out: "He's so long and sleek, he looks like an oil slick!"




They all did a great job, and it was fun to watch. Morgan even sang along to all the songs. :)

3 comments:

Grandma Andrea said...

We are hoping to hear all of the songs when we come in April. Did you make the costume? It is so perfect.

Amy the Cookie Lady said...

Yes Ma, I made his costume. Luckily he already had the orange shirt and sweatpants. All I did was sew some black ribbon to some white fabric and stitch that to his clothes. The fin was orange felt that I stuffed (with paper towels, mind you, because I didn't want to buy fiber fill).

Arleen said...

Grandma Andrea - of course she made the costume why would you think otherwise
and she even made the costume wearer a very handsome kid lolol