banner created using Designer Digitals products

Monday, February 15, 2010

{weekend festivities}

Friday was Gerard's Valentine's Day party at school. I helped out and we both had fun making mailboxes, eating red food and playing games that involved various heart-shaped objects. Ah, to be in 1st grade again. Nothing like some heart-shaped jello jigglers and tin-foil covered shoe boxes to brighten your day!



Then to celebrate their 100th birthday, the Cub Scouts had a special event at the hockey game Friday night. They enjoyed birthday cake before the game and $1.00 hotdogs at the game.




Gerard is a member of the team's "Kidz Club" which means, among other things, that he gets to pick up the "chuck-a-pucks" during the 2nd intermission. Morgan wanted to go too, but she wasn't allowed on the ice so she and Big Gerard had to wait off to the side.



Gerard had hockey practice on Saturday. Then Luke, Darci, Chad and Ashley all came to his game on Sunday to cheer him on. His team won 8-3 and Gerard definately enjoyed having "his fans" there. After the game Luke came over to play and he skated out back for the first time. He was very good! Even Morgan joined in the festivities and tried skating again. She did much better this time, but I still don't think she loves it. Yet.






Oh, and in case there is any doubt that Morgan is a real girlie-girl, check out her all purple outfit, baby blue skates, pink helmet, pink hockey stick and pink puck. It's Barney meets Pepto Bismol.

This week promises to be just as busy as usual, so I'll try to post sometime in the near future!

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Looks like fun all around! Luke looks like a natural on the ice. I'm surprised Morgan gave it another go! Your pepto comment was funny. I think she looked adorable!! And Gerard in his red on Valentine's day was handsome. Just FYI I saw Valentine's Day (the movie) and it was very good but I kept thinking "boy, that kid is cute, but Gerard is cuter. He should be in movies!" You'll have to see it! OK, enough blackberry typing for now! Goodnight!

Grandma Andrea said...

Just the best. You go girl, Morgan. You can do it.

Gerard is soooooooooo busy. You and Big are the greatest.

Arleen said...

the kids are sooooo cute!!!
hooray for Morgan - giving it another try!! I think the boys are in for a run for their money - she can do anything and some day she will!!
and - she will give hockey a new image as a "pretty" sport :)
p.s.-what!! no pictures of your Valentine's Day goodies and decorations :(