We're all enjoying the Olympics this year. Little Gerard was hooked from the opening ceremonies and loves to watch speed skating and ski jumping. We haven't watched any hockey yet but the US plays Canada tomorrow and I'm sure he'll be very excited about that. Morgan has enjoyed watching figure skating. We were hoping she'd develop a greater interest in skating herself, but she seems content to sit on the couch and watch.
We've been keeping track of the medal count and Gerard updates our chart each night.

In honor of the Olympics and Gerard's hockey "playoffs" this weekend and next, I made gold medal cookies for the boys on his team. I am not much of a baker, so I thank Darci for putting up with all my calls and e-mails and ridiculous questions about cookies. I finally made them using THIS RECIPE for the cookies, THIS RECIPE for the icing, and pearlized gold crystals on top. I think they turned out really cute.





Go USA!








6 comments:
Those look so awesome!!!! You're such a great mom! The medals count is wonderful too!
The cookies should win gold medals. They look fantastic! Your door is better than any classroom display I ever saw (or did myself)
Go Team USA!!!!
Wanna make some more cookies and deliver them to my classroom:-)
They look fantastic (and delicious)! Please make sure Gerard doesn't decide to do the Half-Pipe.
Oh No!! Amy outdid herself again - who cares if you're not a championship baker - you are fabulous
I still think you should write your own decorating and party column or, better yet, you need a TV show
the cookies look fabulous
and the Olympic chart is a great idea
GO USA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Love it! You amaze me. Wade said you make Martha Stewart blush.
thanks all!
Post a Comment