Well, the snow has come and gone. All in all we got about 15 inches or so. The worst of it came on Tuesday night so the kids had a snow day on Wednesday. It was all but done by noon on Wednesday, but they cancelled school again for Thursday because the roads weren't plowed yet. The kids had a ball and were pretty busy both days.
We baked cookies. The kids made Valentine's Day cookies and I made Steelers cookies for Sunday's game.






They played outside with all the kids in the neighborhood. Note: these kids are standing IN THE STREET. Can't you tell?



Then Gerard and some of the bigger kids when sledding into an unfinished foundation down the street. I didn't go, so I didn't get any pictures, but they were down there FOR HOURS. They went in the morning and then again after lunch and then we had to go get him before it got dark. As you may remember, Morgan is not a fan of sledding, so she opted to stay home and watch a movie.


Today was another nice day at home. Maddie, Abby and Savannah came over for lunch, Gerard did some homework, and then I took Morgan to dance class. She was thrilled to find out that dance wasn't cancelled! I was thrilled that the plow finally came down our street at about 3:00 so we could get to dance.
All in all, it was a nice few days, but I'll be doing a little happy dance tomorrow at about 8 AM when Gerard gets on the school bus. :)








3 comments:
Amy, you are the best mommy in the world. Also, the best cookie maker. How can the Steelers not win after you made those perfect cookies. Make some for my Buffalo Bills next. The kids look fantastic.
Looks like tons of fun at your place! Wish I was there!
Cookies look wonderful - the kids did a great job :)
I love watching kids having fun in the snow - its what children are all about. There is enough time for them to get older and grouchy about all the snow (like me!!)
Love the pictures of the kids.
Post a Comment