The morning after Morgan's dance recital we left to head to Phoenix to visit Grandma and Grandpa and the sun. The flight was uneventful and flying with the kids is getting much easier as they get older. One backpack carry-on each, no car seats on the plane, no stroller, and they can take their own shoes on and off through security. What a blessing!
It was (relatively) warm when we got to Arizona, so we were able to swim the first full day we were there. The pool was warm, but the hottub was better!

Nadine flew down to AZ so we could spend some time together while we were there. On Monday night we went out to dinner with Nadine and her parents and then she and I went out for some drinks and some girl talk. It was so nice to see her again and to hear about everything going on in CO. I can't wait to visit her in her new house! Of course Morgan was disappointed that Wade didn't come, too. I think she has a little crush!
The kids love Grandma and Grandpa's house. They share a room (they tried to share a bed the first night, but Gerard is a very restless sleeper and nearly booted Morgan out of bed a few times), they love their huge bathtub, their flashlights, Grandpa's comfy chair, the books and movies Grandma and Grandpa took out of the library, Grandma Nancy's old costume jewelry, and all of Grandma's quilts.




The weather turned cooler after the first 2 days, but that didn't stop us from having fun. We went to a local resort where they had a gingerbread village that featured a Willy Wonka-esque fantasyland with a chocolate river, fudge room, chocolate eggs, Willy Wonka chocolate bars and lot of hand-crafted gingerbread houses. I thought it was pretty cool, but the kids were just as interested in the ducks outside in the pond.

From there we went to a little playground where Gerard and Grandpa disappeared to have their own fun and Grandma, big Gerard and I watched Morgan doing this:
Then one day we took a hike in some nearby mountains. It's beautiful there and the weather was just perfect -- a little overcast and not too warm.







And finally, we returned to the railroad park where we've gone every visit. They never grow tired of the train.
I hope everyone had a great holiday and I hope you all have a very healthy and happy 2011!!!!








4 comments:
We had such a great time. Come back real soon. Even though the kids loved playing with my quilts, they loved sleeping with mommy's and Aunt Debbie's Sesame Street and Raggedy Ann and Andy quilts from long ago.
Looks like everyone had a great time! And everyone looks so great too :) Was Morgan sleeping on the swing? Gerard is so handsome!
Wow!! what great pictures (of course the subject matter is sooo cute)
looks like everyone had a great visit - no surprise - and made more wonderful memories.
Nice to see that Grandma Andrea saves things from her kids cause I have the same habit (don't tell my 42 year old son that I still have his first pair of jockey shorts and his tin soldier pillowcase and his blocks etc etc - he will kill me) hahahaha
thanks again for sharing :)
I'm so glad you guys had a good time in AZ and were able to get out and ejoy the desert a bit. Such great pics! It was so nice seeing you all. Tell Morgan that Wade was sad he didn't get to see her but she is always invited to visit him here in CO.
Post a Comment