banner created using Designer Digitals products

Monday, June 7, 2010

{catching up #6...easter}

Our neighborhood does an Easter egg hunt every year but the weather doesn't always seem to cooperate. It rained one year. One year there was too much SNOW on the ground to find the eggs. This year it was just perfect....sunny and slightly cool.

When I explained to Morgan that we were going across the street to look for candy-filled eggs and she could put them in her basket, she started calling it "Easter Halloween". That's my good Jewish daughter.

The kids had fun, although Morgan was not a big fan of the Easter Bunny.









Of course, we don't actually celebrate Easter, which Gerard was kind enough to remind his teacher:


(The "7" after Gerard's name is his student number in class.)

4 comments:

Arleen said...

the pictures are so cute
ya gotta love Gerard - honest and to the point
I don't think an adult would have been so brave

Debbie said...

Morgan just never likes mascots! Everyone looks good. Especially big in his Penetagon sweatshirt :) I love Gerard's comment on his assignment!

Grandma Andrea said...

I remember the first Easter Egg hunt on your street. We have a picture of Dad crossing the street with 2 1/2 year old Gerard. Abby was in Chris' arms...just a few months old. Your street is so terrific.

I was so proud of Gerard's response to his worksheet. I remember when you or Debbie came home with a similar sheet and had a sad face on top of it because you didn't know the correct answers to the Easter symbols. How to the point yet polite and respectful Gerard was in his response. You and Big have done a great parenting job.

Unknown said...

That son of yours is SO SMART. I love what he wrote on his assignment. Love all the pics of the kiddos...Morgan's bday party looks like it was really cute and she is such a beautiful not a baby anymore big girl.