banner created using Designer Digitals products

Thursday, October 15, 2009

{i need an assistant!}

Wow, I'm sure you've all been wondering where the heck I've been. It's been a busy couple of weeks. In case you don't believe me....

I go to the gym every morning after Gerard gets on the bus. Morgan loves the "Stay-and-play".

Mondays and Wednesdays I volunteer for "Mileage Club" at Gerard's school. The kids run around a 1/4 mile track and get "punches" on a card for each lap. When they run a mile (4 punches) they get a charm that looks like a foot (called a toe token) to put on a necklace that they earn once they've run 5 miles. I bring Morgan with me and she runs/walks with Gerard or Ashley M. or one of Gerard's other friends. Morgan has 3 toe tokens already and Gerard has 9.

Wednesdays after the gym I run home and shower as fast as humanly possible. Then we go to story time at the library. Then we run home and eat as fast as humanly possible so we can make it to Mileage Club.

Last Tuesday I got my hair cut and highlighted. Morgan ran around the salon for 2 hours. That was interesting.

This Tuesday Gerard had his 6-year-old well visit at the dr. All's well! He got his 2nd Hep A shot and his Flu-mist.

Thursdays after I take my super-human-speed shower we have a neighborhood playdate. That's actually really fun and Morgan totally looks forward to playing with her friends Levi, Gavin, Taylor and Addison.

Gerard was out of town for his Dad's 60th birthday party last weekend. (Happy birthday, Granpa G!) While he was gone, Gerard had a cub scout activity at the fire department on Saturday morning. Then he had hockey "try-outs" Saturday afternoon. I'm sure you can imagine how much fun it was getting him all suited up with Morgan running around the locker room.

Today I volunteered in Gerard's classroom. We counted pennies that the kids had collected as a fundraiser for "Pennies for Peace". Morgan played with Savannah while I was at school.

Tomorrow I have a PTO meeting at school.

Saturday Gerard has hockey at 12:15. Then little Gerard and I are going out to dinner and then to the Mother/Son dance at school while Morgan stays home with Daddy.

Sunday is hockey at 11:15 and then a cub scout hike at 2:30.

Oh, and did I mention that I am the parent in charge of the "Reading Club" for Gerard's class? Yup. The kids have to keep track of all the books that they read at home and how many pages they read. They turn in their slips and I have to figure their totals, report them to his teacher, and distribute prizes based on how many pages they read. Every week. All year. For 22 students.

I'm tired just thinking about it all! So please don't punish me for my infrequent posting!

Oh... speaking of punishments, I saw this comic strip in my paper a few weeks ago and couldn't help but laugh. This one's for you Dad! (All my friends from back home should understand this one. There's a bit of history here!)

click to enlarge

3 comments:

Grandma Andrea said...

We know you are busy but we still want pictures!!!!!!

Grandma Andrea said...

I thought the bedroom door removal for excessive slamming was totally unique and original. Now I find out it wasn't. Bummer. Dad.

Arleen said...

but what do you do in your spare time??? :)
I had to lie down and take a nap just from reading your schedule
sounds like a busy busy fun time for all - enjoy every minute of these hectic days with the kids - they grow up so fast
p.s.-but could you still send pictures???