banner created using Designer Digitals products

Tuesday, November 6, 2007

{stuff}

Obviously things have been a little crazy around here. Gerard has been home from work, but he's still been working from home. That's fun for all of us. He was working on the computer today, sitting at the kitchen table, and asked Gerard to pretend he was at work. Here's the abbreviated version of that conversation:

Daddy: "Gerard, I have some work to do. Do you think you could pretend that I'm at the mill?"
Gerard: "No. You're not at the mill. You're in the kitchen."
Daddy: "Pretend I'm at work. When I'm done working, I'll pretend to drive home so we can play."
Gerard: "You can't drive in the kitchen! Mommy will get mad!"

He's too funny. He totally knew what Gerard was asking him to do, he was just messing with him. It's great to see his sense of humor really come out.


* * * * * * * * * * *

Here's some other stuff that's been going on:

I forgot to post pictures of Gerard's jack-o-lanterns. He designed them himself and actually did much of the carving. The only thing he wouldn't do was stick his hand inside to pull out the "guts". Big Gerard didn't get to carve his cool pumpkins this year. Oh well. There's always next year. I think the ones that little Gerard and I did were pretty cool in their own right.




* * * * * * * * * * *

We also made our Mr. Potatohead pumpkin. When he was finished putting him together Gerard said "That looks like Grandpa Ian!" I'm assuming it's because of the mustache. Or maybe it could be the big nose? Perhaps his svelte shape? Or the hoop earrings?


* * * * * * * * * * *

And here's a little pumpkin they decorated at preschool:


* * * * * * * * * * *

Morgan is still not eating as well as we had hoped. We've tried a few different foods (including peas, see below!) but we decided we're going to stick to very watered down cereal until she gets the hang of that. We also tried putting fruit in one of those mesh baggie things, but she enjoyed chewing on the handle more than the fruit itself. If she's still not eating by 7 months I think I'll call our pediatrician.




* * * * * * * * * * *

If only Morgan was as good an eater as Gerard. Here's his lunch from yesterday -- PB&J sandwich, an apple (minus a piece for Morgan to try), milk, and a salad. Sure, the salad could have been healthier had he not dumped so much dressing on it, but I'm just happy he likes his veggies!


* * * * * * * * * * *

And still on the subject of food, I made a new recipe for dinner last night. Not the healthiest meal, but it was a nice treat. It would make a cute appetizer too, if you used a smaller biscuit cutter (or glass). It was chicken empanadas from Paula Deen.


* * * * * * * * * * *

The other day Morgan wore a dress with tights for the first time. (Yes, I forgot to take a picture.) When Gerard saw her, he said "Hey, what are those pants? They have socks attached to them!" Oh, just wait until Morgan is wearing make-up and jewelry. Gerard isn't going to know what to do!


* * * * * * * * * * *

It snowed today. Just a little, but it snowed. When Gerard saw the forecast yesterday, he happily squealed "I'm gonna make a snowman tomorrow!" Poor kid. I don't think a single snowflake lasted once it hit the ground. Oh, we'll be building snowmen soon enough....


* * * * * * * * * * *

And last but not least, big Gerard has his appointment with the surgeon tomorrow. Hopefully he'll get a good report! I'll be sure to post an update.

Goodnight!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I definitely think it's the hoop earrings.

Anonymous said...

the next time you're in Williamsville ask Patti to show you the picture of Jason & Jodi with their hands in their pumpkins
it says it all when it comes to how it feels to stick your hand into that mush

Debbie said...

I'm voting for the nose ;) Gerard looks so happy with his pumpkins! And your dinner looked delicious! I sure am glad I'll be spending a whole week with you guys! Can't wait to hear what Gerard's surgeon says. Hope it's all good news.