banner created using Designer Digitals products

Monday, September 24, 2007

{miscellaneous}

The other night we were reading Angela's Airplane by Robert Munsch. In it, Angela accidentally takes off in an airplane, then promises never to fly an airplane again, only to become a pilot when she grows up. To this, Gerard said "I think I want to be a pilot when I grow up." Logically, his next question was when could he learn how to fly. He wondered if he had to be 16, because he knows he has to be 16 to learn to drive a car. I said I didn't know how old you had to be to learn to fly an airplane, but maybe in October when we fly to Florida he could ask the pilot. He thought that was a good idea. I then said that maybe you have to be 21 to learn to fly. He said "Oh, I hope not. I don't want to have that many birthday parties before I can fly!"

* * * * * * * * * *

Morgan had her first taste of cereal yesterday. It went exactly as expected -- she spit most of it out. She made such funny faces and Gerard thought it was hysterical. He even tried feeding her. We fed her again today and it went a little better. I think she's slowly getting the hang of it. Maybe tomorrow she'll eat more than she ends up wearing.


you've got to be kidding me







incoming!

you mean the spoon doesn't go in this way?







I think I'll do this my way





In other news, I have a folder of Gerard's artwork from preschool last year, and I've started saving stuff from this year already. At this rate, I'll need a bigger house just for his schoolwork. So, I've decided to start scanning in or taking pictures of some of the things he makes so I can then get rid of the originals. Since I'm doing that, I thought I'd show you some of his work from this year:


























Oh, and here are a few cute ones of Morgan. She's developed this new habit of sucking in her lower lip when she smiles. It's cute, but since she has no teeth she looks like an old lady when she does it!







That's about it for now. Gerard has his 4 year doctor's appointment tomorrow and he's getting shots. Wish us luck!

3 comments:

Debbie said...

I am SO glad I checked email before bed! What a great blog entry! Gerard's too cute with his comments. 21 would be way too many birthday parties away to learn to fly. Those were really adorable pictures of Morgan eating her cereal. I can't believe she's in her high chair already! Seems like yesterday when you just started feeding Gerard. Loved the Curious George snack graph....sugar, counting, colors, reading... who could ask for more? Well, I should get ready to hit the hay. Good luck at the doctor tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

What fun!!!!

Robyn said...

The pictures are adorable...and you are so smart to take an electronic inventory of Gerard's artwork. Jon and I were just looking at your pictures and laughing at Morgan's first solid food experience...that will be us in a few months! I'll give you a ring so we can catch up.