banner created using Designer Digitals products

Friday, September 28, 2007

{getting to be a big boy}

Gerard's leg and psyche are healed, and he's back to his usual self. He had swimming lessons last night and we all went to watch (and take pictures of course). I'm really surprised at how well he's doing, and how eagerly he gets into the pool without Mommy or Daddy with him. He has definitely made progress and he's very excited about the prospect of swimming with Grandpa in Florida next week.









Today was Gerard's first field trip of the year. We went to an apple orchard and went on a hay ride, picked apples, did a hay maze, had apple cider and donuts, and picked out pumpkins. It was Morgan's first field trip, too, and we had perfect weather for it -- cool and sunny.








And finally, we've been working on writing numbers -- here's Gerard's calendar for October. Not bad for a first attempt, huh??? Tonight after dinner he actually asked to practice writing his 2's and 3's. Isn't this the boy who, just a few weeks ago, hated to write his name? The boy who'd write GER and then say "I'm tired. I'll write ARD later"????

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I HAVE to tell you - many, many of my kindergarteners couldn't write numbers today like Gerard did. Honest!!

Robyn said...

Jon and I just got a chuckle that Gerard wanted to write the ARD later!

I love his swimming pics and your shots from the pumpkin patch. I can't believe it's that time of year already.

By the way, tell Morgan that Spencer's parents won't let him date older women!!

Arleen said...

Way to go Gerard - looks like you're doing great at swimming and your numbers are wonderful
keep practicing
I want to know how many pumpkins Gerard carried home
seems like a lot to choose from!!!
ask Patti about the "famous" picture of Jason and Jodi with their hands in a pumpkin
Morgan looks precious