...Morgan slept through the night two nights ago (from 11:30 until 6, but close enough). Unfortunately, she was up last night from 2 until 3:30. Payback's a b*tch, I guess. Keep your fingers crossed for me tonight.
...Morgan is sitting on her own, and I'm confident enough in her ability to balance to be able to stand back and take some pictures.



...She rolled from her back to her tummy yesterday. She hasn't done it again though. And so begins the "didn't I put her there?" phase.
...Gerard had swimming class tonight. It was the first time he's had lessons without Daddy in the pool with him. He even went in without any floaties or swimmies or noodles or whatever! He was so proud of himself, as were Mommy and Daddy!
...We went back to the gym! That's a milestone for all of us. It's the first time Gerard and I have been back in 5 months. It was also the first time I've left Morgan with anyone other than family (or Darci). It went well the first day, but the second day they had to page me because Morgan was crying and wouldn't take the bottle from Miss Amy. At least I got 45 minutes in. Better than nothing, I guess, and Morgan was fine once I went in to feed her.
...Gerard is becoming quite the little photographer. Just like Mommy, he walks around with his camera all day long. Unfortunately, the camera isn't the greatest (why am I surprised that a $40 camera from Toys-R-Us isn't wonderful?) and he has to hold it perfectly still for a good 2-3 seconds AFTER he depresses the shutter button. Not very practical for a 4 year old. It's nearly impossible even for adults. Oh well. He's more interested in taking the pictures than viewing them, so I guess he's happy for now.


...Gerard is also volunteering to draw pictures of actual objects. Not just scribbles. Today he wanted to draw the sun. And he did. And it actually looked like the sun (if the sun had blue rays) or maybe a paramecium. He also wrote "SUN" and then wrote his name. It was a beautiful day today, but a bit too hot to be out in the sun so he colored outside on the porch:










3 comments:
I LOVED "The World According to Gerard!" (His pictures look like mine.) Way to go, Gerard!
Mazel tov on Morgan sleeping sorta through the night. Enjoy it before those days when YOU can't 'cause ya gotta pee ten times:-)
What a great posting! Gerard is looking like such a grown up kid now! The scrapbook page was great -- it took me a while to figure out the cheese and crackers picture, but I finally got it! Morgan's looking extra cute these days too. Wish I could see you all again soon... I can't wait to hear Gerard tell me all about his swimming lesson!
PS: If Gerard ever wants to draw a picture for me and sign his name, I won't mind!!! ;)
Post a Comment