banner created using Designer Digitals products

Sunday, August 14, 2011

{boo boo}

For those of you who may be out of the loop, the big news around here is that Morgan broke her elbow 2 weeks ago. She fell (or according to Gerard, she JUMPED) off the coffee table and landed just right. When she had cried nonstop for nearly half an hour, I decided I needed to take her to the ER.


After several HOURS, multiple doctors, a bunch of x-rays, and some Tylenol, we learned that she broke and dislocated her left radius. Essentially, she broke a piece of the bone off and it moved. By 2:00 AM they had sedated her and tried to move the bone back in place but were unsuccessful. She'd need surgery.


They discharged us from the ER in a terrible thunderstorm, and about 1/8 mile from my house I drove into a road that had flooded out and my car instantly died. The water was up to my car door. I called my lovely neighbor, Chris, who rescued us in his truck. The next morning I pushed my car out of the water and it started, but everything on the floors had been soaked and ruined. As of yesterday the car still smelled swampy, so I took it to get cleaned and detailed. It still smells a little, but that should disappear soon (hopefully!)....


Morgan's surgery was a few days after her accident.



Here is a short video of Morgan after they gave her some happy drugs to make her relaxed, before they took her into the operating room and gave her the IV:



They put her under general anesthesia and were able to put the bone back in place without any incisions, which was the best-case scenario. She recovered nicely, and has a neon pink cast now.


She is really such a trooper -- she hasn't complained about the cast or her arm at all! Even after she got stung by a bee on her cast hand she cried for a while, her finger swelled up, but then she was fine! What a tough girl!



4 comments:

Debbie said...

She IS such a trooper! What a great girl. And I'm sure Gerard's being a super big brother and being extra nice. I love that video of Morgan all loopy, makes me laugh every time! I recognize all 3 dresses she was wearing in the pics :) And she was adorable on the hospital bed too -- she's certainly got the same resting/sleeping genes as you do with her leg propped up and crossed like that! Hope the next post shows her without the cast all healed perfectly! (and a pic or two of big brother!)

Debbie said...

PS: YOU are a trooper too, handling all that and staying sane. I don't know how you do it!

nadine said...

That video made me laugh so hard! I love those happy drugs!!! Wade is still making fun of me on the happy drugs after my surgery. Glad to hear Morgan is healing well, she really is a trooper. Hope the rest of the summer is uneventful for you guys, and you all stay healthy!

Arleen said...

I love that her dress had some of the same color in it as the cast :)
and the "loopy" video is a riot
she is just so sweet!!

hope she continues to recuperate quickly and don't worry, she will forget most of what she went through and the mommy & daddy and grandma and grandpa will never get over it lololol
wanna feel better - back some booboo cookies <3