banner created using Designer Digitals products

Thursday, August 26, 2010

{vacation, part 2}

After we visited everyone we drove down to Pawley's Island, SC (about 25 miles south of Myrtle Beach). Last year Gerard and I went to Myrtle Beach for our 10-year anniversary and drove down to Pawley's Island for a day and loved it there. The houses are ON the beach. I mean ON the beach. Like step off your deck onto sand and the ocean is 10-100 feet away (depending on the tide). We figured the kids would love it there and they did!

Here we are at the original Pawley's Island hammock shops:





We spent most of our time doing this:
















It rained one day, so we took the kids (but mostly it was for Gerard) to MagiQuest. To say that he loved it would be an enormous understatement. Here they are with their magic wands back at the house:




And here are some pictures of the house (ignore the suitcases.... I took these pictures as we were packing up to leave):







3 comments:

Grandma Andrea said...

WOW!!! Everything looks fantastic, especially the kids.

Arleen said...

Oh boy the place looks gorgeous and restful
and the kids are adorable - I love Morgan in that dress
thanks for more - when does "vacation, part 3" air????

nadine said...

Very nice! Looks like it was a wonderful vacation. Love Morgan's dress. Is it a Grandma Andrea original or did you buy it?