banner created using Designer Digitals products

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

{vacation, part 1}

We had a really nice time on vacation, despite the fact that we drove 3000 miles in 2 1/2 weeks. Here are some pictures of the first half of our trip...

First we went to Mima and Granpa G's house and had a lot of fun. We went fishing at the pond and got to see Aunt Elizabeth, too. I thought I took pictures at the pond, but apparently I didn't! Maybe we took video instead.... I haven't had a chance to look at the video camera yet, but I'll share that when I have time.

The *G* family:




The real*G* family:




Then we went to Nani and Poppy's. It was really nice seeing them and even Uncle Randy, Aunt Jo-ann, Lauren and Jenny came over. We hadn't seen the girls in ages, so that was a really nice treat for us.






From there we went to see Aldine, Jeff, Eliya and Noah. The kids had fun playing on their water slide and making a general mess of their house (sorry Aldine!!). Gerard and I had a nice time catching up with Aldine and Jeff, too. Aldine took pictures since I left my camera in the car and I'm hoping she'll send them to me soon! (HINT, HINT, HINT, Aldine!)

After that we went to see Aunt Debbie in her new condo. We had a really nice time there, too, and her house is great. The kids were especially excited to sleep in Aunt Debbie's bed. We went to the National Aquarium in Baltimore one day:











The next day we went to the Natural History Museum in DC. Gerard liked the dinosaurs and Morgan liked the gems. That's my girl!











And nothing like a little Wii yoga to get them settled before bed...




I hope to have pictures from the beach in the next day or two, so stay tuned!

4 comments:

Grandma Andrea said...

That's my girl!!!! Jewelry lover!!!!Pictures are great.

Arleen said...

Don't worry I'm "staying tuned"
pictures are great - looks like everyone enjoyed
that must have been quite a trip - wow - 3000 miles
lots of nice memories for the kids
and if Morgan likes gems I know a great jewelry store lololol

Debbie said...

GREAT pictures! And even better memories! We had such fun!!! The picture with the spiny fish came out well! It was my pleasure turning over my bed to the kids. I'd do it anytime! Really, come back! Anytime!

nadine said...

I love that Morgan liked the gems, good girl! You're doing a great job as a mother Amy :) Loved all the pics, and it is great to see you and Debbie in the pics as well. I especially loved the Wii yoga photo, so cute!