banner created using Designer Digitals products

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

{misc}

I know you have all been waiting anxiously for new pictures and I'm sorry I haven't been able to deliver as often as usual. My excuse this time is that we're on vacation in Phoenix. To tide you all over until I have time to post pics from this trip, I thought I'd share a few from before we left...

Here Gerard and Gerard went on his class field trip to an old homestead. They were working on a unit about "Now and Then" and they had a lot of fun learning about "the olden days". You know, like when Grandma and Grandpa were young. :)












Gerard is usually the only Jew in his class at school so I've gone in each year since preschool to teach the other kids about some of the Jewish holidays. Just before vacation I went in and taught them about Hanukkah. I read a book, showed them some of my menorahs and taught them how to play dreidel.







While I was at school, Morgan played with Savannah next door. Don't they look cute?





We're having fun in Scottdale, despite the unseasonbly cold weather and the rain. Yes, rain. In the desert. Our bathing suits remain packed in the bottom of our suitcases....

3 comments:

Grandma Andrea said...

Grandpa and Gerard went swimming on Sunday.

Arleen said...

did they swim in the rain or in the pool????

Amy I applaud you for your "sharing" efforts at Gerard's school for Chanukah
and the parents should applaud you too - this lesson can only show these little ones that differences in people are what make us all so special

ALL the pictures are wonderful

Morgan and Savannah are the cutest "winter princesses" I have ever seen
they look like they are in a fairy tale world all by themselves
love it
enjoy the rest of your visit
hi to all

Debbie said...

As always, thanks for sharing! Awesome pictures! That one when they were all walking through the snow was quite beautiful. Not quite as beautiful as the princesses though :) Morgan is such a girly girl! Start saving for the Jimmy Choos now! Looks like the class enjoyed playing dreidel, that's cool that you do that!