banner created using Designer Digitals products

Monday, February 9, 2009

{random things}

First of all, I'd like to say CONGRATULATIONS to Laura and Derek on the birth of their daughter, Grace. She's beautiful! I can't wait to meet her in person. We all wish you well. I'm sure Christian and Noah will make great big brothers!




I also thought I'd share some stuff from our neck of the woods...

Morgan has developed such a cute personality. Or should I say personalities.... She always keeps us guessing and laughing...

She is much more of an "artist" than Gerard ever was. She loves to color and do any kind of craft. It's very cute, until she colors on the walls, tables, blinds, counters, her hands... You get the picture.

Morgan the scholar:



Morgan the cheeseball playdough artist:



Morgan the goofy Sabres fan:




Morgan the wrestler:



And of course, Morgan the sweetie. (At bedtime with Gerard reading to her):





* * * * * * * * * *

I thought I'd share what I made for Valentine's Day. My friend and neighbor made these for Christmas, using red and green m&m's, and they are just cute, delicious, and very easy to make. I used Valentine's m&m's:

To make, place round pretzels on a cookie sheet. Unwrap and place a Hershey kiss (the striped "Hugs" work best) in the center of each pretzel. Bake at 275 degrees for about 3 minutes, until the Hershey kiss melts but doesn't lose it's shape. Remove from the oven and place an m&m on each kiss. Let cool. I placed the whole cookie sheet in the fridge for about 20 minutes and they pop right off the cookie sheet. So easy!!! The hardest part is unwrapping all the kisses!

* * * * * * * * * *

Also, last weekend our friends came over for skating and dinner. Nathan and Nicholas had never skated before, but they did great! Nick preferred just to wear his boots after a while, but I think he still had fun. Gerard was thrilled to have some friends over to skate with him. Thanks Michele and Scott!










* * * * * * * * * *

And finally, I thought I'd share my new haircut. I wasn't happy with my last hairdresser and have been half-heartedly looking for a new girl since AUGUST, so this hair cut was WAY overdue. She even straightened it for me. What do you think?

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Congrats to Laura and the whole family!

Hey, you look good! Nice haircut. Miss Morgan is super adorable. Especially in the Sabres fan pictures. The pictures of Gerard reading to Morgan remind me of that one picture we have of you "teaching" me to color. Remember that? Gerard looks like a real hockey player too! Impressive. Oh, and those chocolate pretzels look so yummy. Alright, back to work for me!

Grandma Andrea said...

I love everything! Morgan is so intense and Gerard looks like he is on a hockey card. I especially like your earrings, Amy. Could they be a gift from someone who loves you and shops at Tiffanys?
BTW I saw Laura's baby in person and held her..she is adorable!

Anonymous said...

Move over Good Housekeeping magazine!! Amy is on her way to being the new competition
Love the blog today - something for everyone
First of all I am on my way to smoohter skin, prettier eyelids, cleaner walls, reconnecting with old friends and non-friends and all the while "rocking" to my itunes!!!
And the pretzel recipe - thank you thank you thank you-I am having a group of friends over Sat night for a Valentine's Dessert get-together and I've asked each of them to bring a "red" dessert - guess what I'm making - yup the Valentine pretzel candy
Love the pictures of all the kids (cute new baby)
Gerard looks like a pro in his hockey gear and Miss Morgan looks like she's writing her memoirs at her tender age (can't wait for the book and tell her the "bling" adds to her style)
Big PS - the hair looks great - you look wonderful
fresh & stylish and certainly hides the kind of "mommy life" you really lead
keep up the good work