As most of you know, my parents go through withdrawal if they don't see the kids every six weeks or so. And, right on schedule, they came to visit this past week. Gerard and I got to go out one night while they babysat. There's nothing like a meal without yelling "Sit down," "Finish your chicken," or "Eat over your plate" eighty-seven times. I think I leaned over to cut Gerard's food once or twice. Then my parents watched the kids while we tried to clean and organize the garage. That was a big help and at least it was fun for the kids!






They left Sunday morning and Gerard started hockey. We actually saw some improvement in his skating during that first hour. He's almost ready for the NHL! Actually, he was about average compared to the other kids -- some kids were skating circles around him, while others never left the boards. It was really cute to watch. I'll try to get some video next time.




After hockey we went out to lunch and ran into some friends so we went to the park with them. Nothing like 80 degrees in the middle of October!









2 comments:
What every 6 weeks!! We go nuts after 4 weeks. Those kids sure are great. Don't forget we also watched Morgan when you 2 went to lunch and ran errands...we're keeping a tab. The more we babysit the more we will pay you. We had such a great time. The ride home was so depressing. At least the fall foliage was beautiful.
I love these pictures! Everyone looks so good. And grandma's hair looks good growing out too. I better get my Thanksgiving tickets so I can see everyone soon!
Post a Comment