banner created using Designer Digitals products

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

{getting healthy}

Sick, sick, sick.... I feel like that's all I've been writing about! Big Gerard worked from home today because he wasn't feeling well. I think he should be better tomorrow and Morgan's cold/cough/croup/whatever-it-was is finally getting better. I'm hoping my next post won't have anything to do with illness!!!

In other news.... Morgan sat up by herself today. I mean she was laying down and then sat right up! Nobody actually saw her do it -- we were playing a game and then looked over and there she was, sitting! It was too cute.

She's getting at least one new tooth, too, which I'm sure is adding to her discomfort lately. Oh well, she's got a whole mouthful yet to go -- she had better get used to it!

Also, after talking about it with Aldine, I think we're going to try to make more of an effort to do Shabbat dinners on Friday nights. Gerard has enjoyed learning about Shabbat and is most excited about lighting candles every week. I found a challah recipe for the bread machine and all we'll have to do is braid it, which he's also looking forward to. We made a Tzedakah box today and talked about charity. Gerard was pretty excited about that until he realized that he'd be taking money out of his bank to put in the Tzedakah box. I offered him the opportunity to give away some old toys to needy kids instead, but in the end he decided that one coin a week wasn't all that bad. It's hard trying to explain charity to a 4-year-old, who thinks he NEEDS everything. One day I'm sure he'll get it...



I've also had some time to work on some more scrapbook pages. I'd really like to finish Gerard's 2007 album so I can put some more effort into Morgan's first album. I am making progress -- I'm already up to October! Here are the latest:

(EDITED TO ADD: I know there's a typo on the above page -- don't worry, I'll fix it!)






No comments: