banner created using Designer Digitals products

Sunday, November 7, 2010

{shushi}

My kids have a new favorite food. Sushi. Or as Morgan would tell you, "shushi". Granted, they're only California rolls, but it's a start!




Every November for the last few years we've done a "thankful tree". This year both kids have really gotten into it. Gerard comes home from school and ASKS to write what he's thankful for on a leaf. Tonight he asked if he could secretly be thankful for 2 things, "Shhhh. Don't tell Morgan, but I am going to write TWO leaves!" It's great practice for Morgan to write her name. She's already gotten better in the last week. Wait until Thanksgiving when the tree is full!!!



6 comments:

Grandma Andrea said...

Dad and I are thnakful for all of the pictures and for all of you and Debbie

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful idea!!
I think EVERYONE should have a "Thankful Tree"!!

Arleen said...

Guess who again!! lololol
these fingers are just too fast (wish the rest of me was too)

nadine said...

I love that your kids eat sushi. So wonderful. And I love your thankful tree, what a great tradition. Please add a leaf for me - I'm thankful to have such a dear friend in my life!

Debbie said...

Yay sushi! We should get some one night next week ;) Can't wait to see the thankful tree with all its leaves! See you soon!

Debbie said...

Ever since reading this, I've wanted "shushi." But today was Monday and we all know not to get sushi on Mondays! Oh wait. Today was Tuesday. Yikes, I better start packing!