Sorry this has taken me so long to post. I actually wrote this post about two weeks ago, but I wanted to find some old pictures to scan, so that took me a while. I still can't seem to find my pictures from graduate school, so I only have two pictures of Wade. Read on....
For those of you who do not know my friends Nadine and Wade, let me introduce them to you.... I met Nadine in nursery school 35 years ago and we've been friends ever since. Growing up we never went to the same school so we relied on phone calls, Sunday school and later Hebrew school and the mall to get our fix of each other. We went our separate ways in college and after, but have still managed to remain friends despite the fact that we haven't even lived in the same town for 19 years. (Boy that makes me feel old!)










I met Wade in college. He was a year behind me, but we had mutual friends (he played on the baseball team with many of my friends). We became friends and ended up living together for a year with 2 other guys from the baseball team while I was in grad school. We, too, went our separate ways after school, but still kept in touch.

Nadine had met Wade a few times when she came to visit me in school.
Fast forward many years....Wade lived in Colorado. Nadine told me she was moving to Colorado and I told her she ought to call Wade ("You rememeber Wade, right?") and the rest, as they say, is history.
Nadine and Wade were travelling nearby this past weekend and stopped for a visit with us. They only got to stay one night, but it was still great seeing them! We hung out at home the first night and then we took Morgan apple-picking when Gerard was at school on Monday. The kids had a blast, and it was obvious that Morgan was very comfortable with them as she beat up on Wade like she'd known him all her life. It was awesome to get to see them, even if it was only for a short visit. Thanks for coming, guys!














3 comments:
Love it! Loved seeing all those all photos. Thanks for posting all the pics from then and now...and of course for your match making services :)
What a great walk down memory lane.
Loved your pictures and the commentary!!
"Forever" friends are the best - whether you knew them when or met them not too long ago, you just know memories will be with you always :)
Post a Comment