I hope you like the new blog banner and colors. I took a few pictures this morning before school and wanted to include them in the new banner. What do you think of Gerard's long hair? In theory he likes it (he calls it his "hockey hair") but in reality he HATES when I have to brush it. We'll see how long it lasts. Big Gerard and I think he's headed in the direction of Tim Urban from American Idol:
It's official... Little Gerard has sleep apnea. We went back to the ENT and she scheduled his tonsillectomy and adenoidectomy for March 26. He is actually pretty excited about all the positive effects of having his tonsils and adenoids out: better, more restful sleep; the ability to breathe through his nose; most likely a growth spurt (you secrete growth hormone while you sleep); more stamina for sports (since he'll be able to breathe better); etc, etc, etc. He was, however, nervous about a few things. First, he was upset at the prospect of missing school during the 10-day recovery. We took care of that by scheduling his surgery on the first day of spring break so he won't have to miss any school. (Plus Grandma and Grandpa will be here.) He is excited about the ice cream and milk shakes that he'll be drinking, but was upset when the doctor told him he had to eat lots of salty junk food like potato chips and french fries. With a sad look on his face he turned to me and said, "Do I have to eat french fries?" I don't know where he came from......
Last week for my birthday Gerard brought home a chocolate cake. The kids hated it, as you can see here:

I almost hate to say it out loud, but I believe winter is over!!!! Last week we were playing outside in the snow and this week it has been 50 degrees and the snow is gone! Good news for me, bad news for our backyard ice rink.

Last weekend was the start of the US National Curling tournament. Gerard was so enthralled with curling during the Olympics that we thought we'd take him to see it in person. He seemed to enjoy it, but Morgan was more interested in running up and down the stands.



Last but not least, Gerard had to "Tell about a time when you lost a tooth" in school. He hasn't lost any teeth yet, so this is what he wrote. (He spelled everything on his own!)








2 comments:
I love the new blog banner and colors but I love the pictures of Gerard and Morgan the best! Gerard's story was precious and Morgan's hair is getting so long. She still eats cake in her typical style.
We can't wait to see you guys.
Glad to see Morgan has not lost her enthusiasm for cake!!! She is starting to look like a big girl.
Love the new banner - great pics - and the new colors.
I like Gerard's hair and tell him I like curling too.
Good luck with the surgery - I will send Gerard a card while he is recuperating and I am sure having Grandma & Grandpa there will help him greatly.
Post a Comment