** We took Gerard bowling for the first time and he loved it! By his third game he even bowled a 90!







** Big Gerard was in Memphis for a week for work. We managed without him here... We had a playdate here on MLK Day with some friends from school. And then on Thursday we went to Darci's. Gerard and Luke had fun -- it's great now that we can just let them go off and play by themselves. Morgan even napped in Levi's crib!
** Morgan has started taking baths with Gerard in the big tub. They both love it -- Morgan thinks Gerard is hysterical! I'm happy to be done with the little baby tub and to be able to get two baths out of the way at the same time. Here's a picture I took with my cell phone:

** Morgan has started eating better. She's all about feeding herself -- she loves chicken, carrots, parsnips, apples, Cheerios, baby puffs and bread. You can enjoy lunchtime with us here:
** One day, Big Gerard was talking about Dean Pees, the defensive coordinator for the NE Patriots (or something like that). Then, several days later, little Gerard said to me "Remember that football guy, Chris Poops?" I could barely contain myself!
** Morgan has gotten much better at sitting up. She no longer needs to do a split to get up, and she's really on the verge of crawling. We'll be putting the gate at the bottom of the stairs in no time!
** Gerard has new favorite books. He loves The Magic Tree House series. I think we've read the first 8 ten-chapter books in this last week alone. We took them out of the library, but I found them on e-bay and I think I might buy the entire set. I have a feeling he'll love reading these books by himself one day.
** Gerard got to take the class mascot, Curious George, home this week. He is the last student in class to get George and he is so excited! The kids take him home Monday through Friday and write a story about what George did while he was at their house. School was canceled on Wednesday AND on Friday because of the weather, but Gerard didn't mind too much -- it means George gets to stay with us for the weekend! Here's the story Gerard dictated to me (of course we'll have to change it since George got to stay longer):
** Wednesday was supposed to be "Pajama Day" at school, complete with a pancake breakfast. Unfortunately, Old Man Winter had other plans for us, so we just had pajama day at home. Gerard didn't seem to mind too much!
** Morgan's 9 month doctor appointment was on Tuesday. She's doing great and the doctor said she doesn't need to wake up in the middle of the night to eat anymore. So, we were prepared to let her cry it out. Of course I couldn't let her cry on Tuesday because she had just gotten her shots so we tried it Wednesday night. It didn't go so well and then she woke up with a fever on Thursday. I can't believe she's sick again. It's been a miserable January....
** Morgan has new teeth! Her two bottom teeth are in, and her two upper CANINES have just broken through. She's going to look like a vampire if her upper incisors don't get moving!
** We lowered Morgan's crib to it's lowest setting today and took out her bumper pads. She looks so weird all the way at the bottom like that, but she's sitting up now and pulling on her mobile. She can't reach it now that she's lower, but as soon as she can stand up the mobile will have to go, too.
I think that's everything. Here's hoping for a much healthier February!!!!








1 comment:
I loved the picture of Gerard holding his head in his hands at bowling! Great videos too. Morgan's really a good eater! And like I told you on the phone, Gerard reminds me a lot of you (and Allen) hamming it up for the camera. The Curious George story was sweet. I especially liked that you guys made banana bread for him! And the Chris Poops story was so funny I'm *still* laughing about it! Hope you're all feeling better for the rest of the winter now!
Post a Comment